Sunday, March 28, 2010

A New Beginning

I've been introduced to Branislav Lazin a TV Journalist From Vrsac, Serbia. He has done a film on the German claensing just as I have and want's to continue. I was introduced to him by Ed Grunwald who was introduced to me by Kearn Schemm. If I were to make a kind of tree to show how all these people came into my life it would be ten feet tall and still growing.

The topic we're going to focus on is what happened to the orphans who parents were killed or died in the camps. Thousands of shildren were placed in these orphanages to be raised as Serbians or Russians amoung other nationalities and never knowing they are really German. Now these people who have found out where they really came from have stories to tell about the terrrible times they went through. Their lives were hard because they were not treated the same as the other children and didn't know why.

I have so much work to do preparing for the meeting in Chicago. Now is the time to start asking for funding. I've never done this before, but I think it's meant to be so the proposal I make will be excepted so Branislav and i will continue to tell these stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment